- This event has passed.
Wild Turkey Contest
April 25 @ 6:00 am - May 31 @ 7:00 pm
St. Joseph Island Hunters and Anglers
1st ANNUAL SPRING WILD TURKEY CONTEST – Click on link for more information
Turkey Contest Rules Click on link for contest rules
What – Cash prizes awarded based on longest beards and longest spurs. Total cash prizes represent 70% of entry fees collected. Mystery prizes will also be awarded.
Where – Eastern Wild turkeys harvested in Wildlife Management Units 45 (St. Joseph Island) and 36 (North Shore)
When – Ontario’s Spring Wild Turkey Season- beginning April 25, 2022 until May 31, 2022.
Youth Category: $20.00 (UNDER 18)
Adults Category: $30.00
Registration: Registration and payment must be received before the season begins on April 25, 2022
Participants whose paid entry is received before midnight April 17 will be eligible to win one entry fee back.
Registration can be done
- ON LINE Complete the registration form found at Turkey Registration Form. Email registration form and etransfer to email@example.com. In the etransfer please indicate in the message box who the entry fee(s) are for.
- IN PERSON by picking up registration forms at the following locations
- Great Lakes Outfitters, SSM
- Perry’s Gun and Bow Shop, SSM
- Heritage Home Hardware Building Centre, Echo Bay
- 17 E Trading Post, 6999 Hwy 17E
- Hilton Beach General Store, Hilton Beach
- McClellands Hardware & Feed, Desbarats
Presentation of prizes on Saturday, June 4th at 2:00 to 4:00 p.m at the St Joseph Hunters and Anglers Conservation Centre on St Joseph Island. Light refreshments provided.
Contact: Kevin Coombs (705) 989-7319
Or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Contest Rules available at www.sjiha.ca