Early in December each year, the St. Joseph Hunters and Anglers Association hosts a Community Christmas Potluck Dinner at the Conservation Centre. (Please see this year’s calendar for the date). All neighbours and friends of the Club are invited to join in a celebration of the upcoming holiday season. A featured event of the dinner is the Photo contest. Members are eligible to submit their photos to the contest in any or all of the following categories:
The first SJIHAA Photo Contest was a success with some excellent submissions. The contest is organized by Terry Wills.
- Wildlife (animals, birds, fish, insects, etc.)
- Hunting or Fishing
- Trail Camera Photo
- Video (wildlife, fishing, or hunting)
- Each participant must be a SJIHAA Member
- Each member can enter two photos per category
- Photos are to be submitted in 8″ x 10″ format
- No names, locations etc. can appear on photos
- Images must be of wildlife: no photos of pets, domestic animals, zoo animals, or game farm animals.
- Photos should accurately reflect the reality of the subject matter or scene as it naturally appears.
- Slight adjustments of colour, contrast, exposure, and cropping are allowed. Photos heavily digitally altered will be disqualified.
Guests at the dinner vote for the winners. Winning photos are then framed and hung on the walls of the Conservation Centre for all members and guests to enjoy until winning photos of the subsequent year are hung.
- A special night (date TBA) will be set aside for judging by members in attendance.
- Each person can vote once for each category.
- Winning photos will be posted for viewing on the club house wall.
- One winner in each category will be framed and placed on the clubhouse wall.
The Inaugural 2010-11 Contest Winners: